Eating and Loafing - Daily Loves and Loathes

Today started out like any other Thursday -- my boyfriend woke me up, I went back to sleep, woke up late, and had to hustle to student teaching. However, today my teaching was being observed by a very intimidating university supervisor on a lesson that I didn't (couldn't) prepare for. Needless to say, I was pretty darn nervous.


Long story short, my lesson went much better than expected. As a teacher, I don't think that there is anything more important than having a strong report with your students. It shows that they trust you and are willing to work with you instead of being closed off. Thankfully, the kids decided that they loved me today and were model students. Phew!

After my lesson, I had a conversation with my supervisor about my strengths and weaknesses. He said I did well, but the real treat with the actual treat that he gave me. Covered in a brown box, a shaded "Brownie Points" was written in dark brown writing. Taking one bite, I fell into sugar comatose. I tried the birthday cake brownie, and I think I fell in love with the square inch morsel. Doing some research, I found out that the owner is a teacher turned CEO from Ohio! You gotta represent the OH whenever you can. Check them out here!

After eating approximately 50 portions of Snowflake Mix (note: if you are trying to eat health [like myself] do not make. It's devilishly delicious), I needed to head to the gym. Like just about everyone else, I am trying to eat healthy, get active, and lose weight. One way that I am trying to do this is through training for a half-marathon. I loath running (and moving in general) but I'm trying to push myself in a way I never thought possible. I'm on week four of my 10k plan, trying to work up to a half-marathon, and I've made considerable progress. If you're looking for a good couch to 10k mile plan, check this one out! 

Finally, everyone needs to stop what they are doing and go to the grocery store to buy a butternut squash, some kale, and some tortillas. I'll wait.

I made butternut squash quesadillas with kale. These are shut the front door good. I added some red onions for good measure, and I've never been happier. Or more full. Here's the recipe from the Pioneer Woman.

Until tomorrow!

xoxo
Alaina

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top